|Set amidst lush gardens and shady trees, Sham Nath residence
has retained its old world charm and colonial architecture. It escapes
the constant noise and pollution of the inner city, yet remains within
easy access to the city's most magnificent Mogul monuments like, Red
Fort, Jamma Masjid and the famous shopping centre of historic Chandni
Chowk with its quaint bazaars and meandering lanes.
Guests will be enjoying all the comforts of a prestigious family
residence, formerly the home of late Mr. Sham Nath - after whom the
famous Heritage Road has been named. He was the Mayor of Delhi and
an eminent minister in Pandit Jawaharlal Nehru's cabinet.
Situated in the North Delhi residential area of Civil Lines, with
its impressive 'Days of the Raj Bungalow', our residence is 10 minutes
walk from the famous Delhi University.
Sham Nath Villa bed and breakfast delhi has 5 elegantly
furnished bedrooms. All bedrooms have balconies and are with modern
bathrooms. We offer a complimentary continental or traditional Indian
A great opportunity to live in India while enjoying five-star quality
surroundings - a perfect answer for those visitors who appreciate
a touch of home.
Your private room has all the comforts you are accustomed to in your
own home, such as Sky television, Air conditioning and en suite modern
Western-style bathrooms. After a tiring day of shopping or visiting
the many tourist attractions of Delhi, why not freshen up and enjoy
a meal at home prepared by our own excellent family chef, also available
as a welcome optional extra. Those seeking a Continental or International
cuisine after a tiring day, need walk no further than just across
the road to enjoy the renowned restaurant of the famous Oberoi Maidens
Hotel, Delhi's premier heritage hotel.
A stay at Sham
Nath Villa is really a home away from home!
· Electric Kettle
· TV/Cable TV (Sky Television)
· Air Conditioning
· Hot & Cold Water
· RO Purified Drinking Water
· Fridge/Mini Bar
· High Speed Internet
· Huge Lawn facing Balconies
· Ample Car Parking
· Doctor on Call
· 24 hour Security
· Power Backup
· Inhouse facility for Indian Herbal Massage
· 24 hour Laundry Service*
· Home-made Meals on Request*
· All Travel related services such as, taxi, air/train tickets,
· Air Transport Facility (specially for 1st time visitors or
Ø Delhi at a Glance:
v History: Delhi or National Capital Territory of Delhi is India's
capital and includes New Delhi, Old Delhi, and Delhi Cantt. Delhi
has always been an attraction for travelers and tourists. It caters
to various needs of tourists. From shopping to sightseeing, forts
and monuments to beautiful gardens, Delhi has it all.
Delhi also offers a glimpse of India's religious diversity. It has
many temples, mosques, gurudawaras and churches. No doubt that it
is called the 'Heart of India'.
v Weather: Weather in Delhi varies with the five seasons- summers,
monsoon, autumns, winter and spring.
· Summers are long and stretch from April to October.
· The monsoon rains start with the advent of July that last
· Winter starts in late October and peaks in January.
· Delhi Weather during the spring is quite enjoyable when the
temperature varies between 25°C to 10°C from mid February
till the end of March. But the nights and the mornings are frosty.
This is the best season to visit Delhi to see greenery with the historical
v Historical Monuments, Forts & Gardens:
· Quatab Minar
· Humayun Tomb
· Tuqlakabad Fort
· Red Fort
· Safdarjang Tomb
· Lodhi Garden
· Jantar Mantar
· India Gate
· Parliament House
· Hanuman Temple
· Chattarpur Temple
· Kalkaji Temple
· Bahai Lotus Temple
· Iskon Temple
· Akshardham Temple
v Museums and Galleries:
· National Museum and Archives
· The National Museum of Modern Art
· Nehru Museum and Planetarium
· Gandhi Museum
· Indira Gandhi Memorial Museum
· Rajiv Gandhi Centre of Art
· Lalit Kala Academy
· Crafts Museum
· Connaught Place
· Dilli Haat
· Ansal Plaza
· Saket Malls
· South Extension
· Greater Kailash M Block Part I and II
· Chandni Chowk
v Travel-Heritage Walks: We organise Heritage Walks for guests interested
in the architectural heritage, nature and history of Delhi by Surekha
She is a resident of Delhi and has been passionately involved for
many years in organising and conducting creative heritage walks of
well known and lesser known areas of Delhi.
She engages passionately in organising and conducting heritage, architectural,
historic and nature walks. Surekha started the walks for India Habitat
Centre, over a decade ago. The walks can also be period or theme based.
Some examples follow:
· Walk in and around Ballimaran streets where the famous Urdu
poet, Mirza Ghalib lived
· Exploring Shahjahanabad
· Food and Spiritual walks
· Havelis of Old Delhi
· 1857 and Delhi Sites
· Temporary Delhi - that is the shift of British C apital from
Calcutta to Delhi
· Baolis (stepwells) and Baghs (gardens) of Delhi
· Mehrauli Archaeological Park
Over the years she has been able to associate with the best resource
people in developing and organizing such walks.
v Delhi Excursions: There are a number of tourist excursion options
from New Delhi. Be it wildlife sanctuaries, heritage sites, hill stations,
or the quaint little towns, many surround Delhi.
· Agra: The city of Agra is 200 km from Delhi. Agra was the
capital of Moguls and the city has retained the Mogul fever in its
buildings and social life. Taj Mahal built by Shah Jahan is one of
the most extravagant monuments ever built for love.
· Jaipur: Jaipur is 260 km from Delhi and forms the most chosen
tourism golden triangle of Delhi.
· Bharatpur Birds Sanctuary: A six hour journey from Delhi,
well connected by road and railway is the former princely state of
· Mathura: Widely known as birth place of lord Krishna is located
on the western bank of river. It is 145 km southeast of Delhi and
58 Km northwest of Agra in the State of Uttar Pradesh.
· Sultanpur Lake: This peaceful picnic spot place is situated
on a hillock just 60 km (about One and half hour) off Delhi in Haryana.
· Neemrana: Situated 122 km from New Delhi, on a rocky outcrop
just above an unspoilt village, lies Neemrana, the site of a majestic
fort, now a heritage resort, built in 1464 by Prithviraj Chauhan III.
· Kesroli: A three-hour drive from New Delhi, Kesroli in Rajasthan
is the site of a seven-turreted fort built in the 16th century.
· Mud Fort: Barely 80 km from the din and bustle of New Delhi
stands the Mud Fort of Kuchesar, which was built in the mid-18th century
by the Jat rulers.
· Sultanpur: Located 46 km from New Delhi, just beyond Gurgaon,
Sultanpur is a small bird sanctuary.
· Tilyar Lake: Situated 70 km from New Delhi in Rohtak district,
the Tilayar Lake is a favourite excursion for tourists in New Delhi.
· Badhkal Lake: Just over 30 km from New Delhi, situated in
the Faridabad district of Haryana, the panoramic Badhkal Lake is a
natural pool surrounded by vast lawns and lush greenery.
· Surajkund: Situated 11 km from the Qutab Minar on the Mehrauli-Badarpur
Road, Surajkund is the site of a perennial lake surrounded by rock-cut
· Haridwar: Haridwar is about 200 km from Delhi and is located
on the banks of River Ganges (Ganga).
· Jim Corbett National Park: Jim Corbett National Park is the
first wildlife reserve of India, extending over an area of more than
500 sq km in the Himalayan foothills.
For Enquiry and Reservations:
12, Sham Nath Marg,
Delhi - 110054
Tel: +91 11 23976660 / 23923925
Mob: +91 9811029224
Distance from the International Airport - 25 km
Distance from the Domestic Airport - 20 km
Distance from the New Delhi Railway Station - 7 km
Distance from the Old Delhi Railway Station - 2 km
2 minutes walk from the Civil Lines Metro Station
Distance from the Interstate Bus Terminal - 1/2 km
· 7 to 10 minutes by Metro to historic Chandni Chowk and the
main shopping and commercial centre of Delhi-Cannought Place.
· 5 to 7 minutes walk to the famous Kamla Nehru Ridge - a treat
for nature lovers, boasting a variety of flora and fauna. The Ridge
also has many historic sites: Flagstaff Tower, Chauburja, Pir Galib,
Bara Hindu Rao, Ashoka Pillar, Mutiny Memorial. This area comes alive
with stories of the 1857 Mutiny.
· The famous Heritage Oberoi Maidens Hotel and a mini supermarket
across the road.
· A pleasant walk to explore the Delhi University, north campus.
Visit the colleges - St Stephens College, Hindu, Delhi School of Economics,
Miranda House, Khalsa College and many more.